“Defend the cause of the fatherless.” Isaiah 1:17
Our church is blessed with many families striving to get closer to God's heart for the fatherless by ministering to children in need through adoption and foster care. They are an ever-present example of the gospel of Christ as they practice "pure and undefiled religion" (James 1:27).
As an outreach ministry of San Tan Bible Church, the Orphan Care ministry exists as a support base for those new to adoption and foster care, as well as a loving network for families who understand the experience.
Advocating for the fatherless by educating, encouraging, and loving our adoptive and foster families through prayer, fellowship, practical guidance, and assistance.
Why consider adoption or foster care?
- 43.4 million orphans live in sub-Saharan Africa, 87.6 million orphans live in Asia, and 12.4 million orphans live in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- 1.5 million children live in public care in Central and Eastern Europe alone.
- At any given point, there are over 500,000 children in the U.S. Foster Care system.
- There are over 17,000 children in the Arizona foster care system – all waiting to be reunited with a family or adopted
The need is great but the most important reason to consider helping is:
Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of God is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress… James 1:27
Our ministry is currently focused on the following areas:
- Fellowship group meetings where we share joys, concerns, needs, and pray for the fatherless in our community and around the world; and those who care for them.
- Adoption – Guidance and support for adoptive or prospective adoptive families.
- Foster Care – Guidance and support for foster or prospective foster families.
- Serving - Although not everyone can care for orphans by adopting or fostering, James 1:27 indicates that we are all to be involved in caring for orphans in some way.
Please let us know how we can help you connect. For more information contact Lon McMillan